“Search engines aren’t trying to make life harder for website owners. They see search as a product, and as they improve their product, the game changes by default.”
“If content is king, then links are queen. Build a network of quality backlinks.”
- “For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position”
- “Search is the #1 driver of traffic to content sites, beating social media by more than 300%”
- “SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate”
(Source: imFORZA.com )
Meaningful use of Search Analytics
While understanding monthly report of a website, common mistake is considering that Search data = ClickStream data, but this is NOT true.
Search analytics combine qualitative data with quantitative data points both derived from search terms and patterns, like
- click-through rates ( CTRs )
- traffic volume
- conversion rates, and more.
- Qualitative data measures user behaviour and the reasons driving that behaviour
For example, generating pop-ups on HOME page as surveys can provide qualitative insight from visitors.
- Quantitative data is more often than not, core numerical values.
- The number of visits to a website
- Number of people who purchased a product
Clickstream data measures the actions taken by users on your website by tracking what and where they click.
Search Analytics Campaigns and KPIs
As part of your Analytics Program, you should write down 4 levels of KPIs(Key Performance Indicators) that define objectives and results.
Idea behind is to know and understand
- what positive results are happenning on your site
- where or on which page, on which section of page, positive result or interaction took place
- How much value each kind of interaction drives to the business
These 4 levels of KPIs help keep your eye on the ball and acknowledges when you get a touchdown to your virtual shop.
These KPIs are typically classified as: macro, micro, value, and action metrics.
- Macro Level metrics
They look at a large subset of information. In the realm of SEO metrics, these should be considered first or thoughtfully “initiated” from your side.
Examples might include
- Total number of inbound links to a page
- Total number of visitors by all keywords from all search engines
- Micro Level Metrics
Application on data of Macro metrics. They are best derived as smaller parts of a macro metric.
Take for example, after counting total number of backlinks to website, micro metric would be to look at what domains that are linking to specific pages of site to get more idea of strong sections of website.
- Action Level Metrics
Action metrics capture user’s input or response. It is about probing of intentions of visitors.
If visitor has clicked deeper into any part of map or enlarged some geographical portion, this is considered as action metric.
Testing out different ad copies can result in more number of clicks and action metrics analysis is useful here.
- Value Level Metrics
Value metrics are directly tied to sales or revenue or any other factors that act as the core driving forces of your website.
Click on web banners that generates revenue for you, purchasing from an ecommerce site, or subscribing to your newsletter are value metrics.
At Bliss Web Solution Pvt. Ltd. we have served many clients of different industries to get them larger volumes of quality visitors.
During these experiments, we have got our hands dirty with multiple SEO tools that are best targeted towards specific purpose and related SEO metrics tracking.
We have discovered many secrets including unauthenticated figures nicely boasted by many fake SEO tool vendors.
Find below succinct list of reputed and authentic tools that can help you enhance your web analytics program to drive more clicks your site.
…many more tools to describe, we will continue revealing more in upcoming blogs.
Explore more with us
Bliss Web Solution Pvt. Ltd. is a top-notch web development company specializing in optimization of high traffic websites. To delve deeper into technicality, you can freely attend weekend discussions held at our office in Ahmedabad, just drop an e-mail to us at email@example.com and we will reply you within 24 working hours.